Good early morning and welcome to 10 Matters in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, indication up right here.
Let us get started.
1. Andy Jassy began as Jeff Bezos’ “shadow” — then turned AWS into a $40 billion business. In addition, he was tapped as the future CEO of Amazon, a position he’ll take on July 5. Just take a appear at how he got his start off and climbed the Amazon ladder.
2. Monthly bill Gates hosted nude pool functions and “bought drunk very quickly,” insiders say. Biographer James Wallace mentioned Gates went to a Seattle all-nude strip club and invited dancers to arrive swim in his pool. This is what else he mentioned.
3. SentinelOne’s first investor also wrote Zoom’s first verify without hearing a pitch. SentinelOne, which surged 17% in its very first working day of buying and selling in what was possible the biggest cybersecurity IPO ever, observed support from Dan Scheinman, who blindly supported
. This is what he seems to be for in founders.
4. Amazon would like the FTC’s new chair eradicated from any enforcement decisions surrounding the business. It submitted a 25-web page ask for to have big tech critic Lina Khan eradicated from any choices, including FTC’s present review of Amazon’s MGM acquisition, and an antitrust investigation. Why it wants her gone.
5. AI can help cut down inequity in credit history obtain. Which is one particular of the lots of stories from a new Insider collection checking out the real cost of inequity — not to be bewildered with inequality. Test out the full sequence on how inequity persists in American everyday living.
6. Lime just debuted a new mode of experience-sharing transportation: mopeds. Lime, which is ideal regarded for its e-scooters, not too long ago launched a moped-sharing company in NYC. Here is what it is really like to use a person for a day.
7. Elon Musk implies Starlink will be offered all over the world a month earlier than planned. The Tesla CEO explained it could be available in August, but Musk also mentioned Starlink will have to have up to $30 billion to endure, indicating: “if we thrive in not heading bankrupt, then that’ll be great.”
8. Some Uber drivers say a glitch is charging them, fairly than paying them, for rides. A person driver missing $50 on a single journey — so they give up the app. Get the entire scoop right here.
9. Google is radically changing the way you look for on the web with the most important lookup shake-up in yrs. We spoke with a best govt who laid out the timeline for some remarkable modifications to the way folks use Search. This is what you will need to know.
10. Fb just changed how it evaluations personnel overall performance. 1 personnel mentioned it could be a sign the social-media giant is maturing and attracting various types of staff members. Read up on its new functionality evaluate process.
Indication up for a lot more Insider newsletters right here.